Thoughts on the VGAs!
It was much better than last year, that’s for sure.
It had its moments though… Teabagging? Really? C’mon, guys. And it was best to watch after it had been recorded. Fast forwarding through Spike’s commercials is always lovely.
Zachary Levi was an excellent host. He was just the right amount of adorableness and indifference. Felicia Days’ bits were cute, if unnecessary. I loved watching her as she tried to not fangirl over Bioshock Infinite.
On the opposite end of fangirlng, I am so glad they chose Seth Green to announce Legend of Zelda’s induction into the hall of fame, which was beyond deserving. Green kept it short, sweet and classy. Then Shigeru Miyamoto arrived on stage with all of the glorious pomp and circumstance he was rightly entitled to have, as he held the award aloft like Link with the Master Sword. Miyamoto has influenced so many gamers and game developers. I recall playing Link to the Past when I was five years old with my grandmother. It is one of my fondest memories. All thanks to Mr. Miyamoto.
Sidenote: Was it not amazing seeing him rock out to the Black Keys? They were absolutely astonishing, by the way.
I was fine with most of the wins. And guess, who won male voice actor? Stephen Merchant! Yes, please! And good job Bethesda on winning game of the year! Skyrim! Although, I wish they had more time to show the wins and less time for the gags and other such silliness. Maybe one day this awards show can be a legitimate awards show.
Oh! And what do you guys think of the script that Joker was holding? Mark Hamill said he would never do the Joker voice again. Was Joker trolling? Or was Mark Hamill trolling? I can’t hold all of these feelings!
Trailers! (Keeping it short and sweet).
- Mass Effect 3 was amazing. Garrus, Garrus everywhere! MOST ANTICIPATED IS RIGHT! And when they meant you fight the Reapers… I didn’t know they meant it like that. And who was that Krogan?
- Alan Wake was gorgeous, I wish it wasn’t just a download. That kind of blows. I also seriously need to finish the DLC, how long have we known Mr. Scratch to be an antagonist?
- Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance (That’s not a word, guys.) It’s like Fruit Ninja, but with bodies and Metal Gears! Yay!
- The Last of Us was the biggest tease. What is happening? What were the things attacking them? Who are they? Why are they the last alive? It was a beautiful trailer.
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron was interesting. I loved the trailer, mostly because of the music.
- The Amazing Spider-Man’s trailer… was just meh. I didn’t feel it. My sister was looked at me and said, “War of the Worlds Spider-man?”
- Bioshock Infinite… Was that a gameplay trailer? That was freakin’ amazing.